Ability Resources provides Case Management services for individuals enrolled in the ADvantage Program.
What is ADvantage?
The ADvantage Program is a Medicaid-funded program administered by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services Aging Services Division. The program serves seniors age 65 and older and adults with physical disabilities age 21 and older. It allows individuals who are nursing home level of care and Medicaid eligible to receive services while remaining in their homes.
Would I qualify?
In order to qualify for the ADvantage program, you must meet both financial and medical qualifications. Financial qualifications are determined by a case worker at the local Oklahoma Department of Human Services Center. To meet medical qualifications, you must meet nursing home level of care, which is determined by a nurse at the local Oklahoma Department of Human Services Center.
Some of the services available through the ADvantage program include:
- Case Management
- Personal Care
- Home Delivered Meals
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Skilled Nursing
The ADvantage program does not provide 24-hour care and you must be able to remain safely in your home. For many, ADvantage is a good alternative to other long-term care options like nursing homes.
How to apply
To apply, or if you have questions about the program, call the ADvantage Careline at 800.435.4711, or go to your local county Oklahoma Department of Human Services Center.
What happens after I’m approved?
Once you are approved for the ADvantage program, you will choose a Medicaid contracted agency, like Ability Resources, that provides case management services. You and your assigned case manager will coordinate a care plan that will specifically meet your needs.
Why Choose Ability Resources as your Case Management Agency?
- Ability Resources has been a Case Management Agency since the state instituted the ADvantage Program in 1994
- Ability Resources helped fund the first training for Case Managers
- Ability Resources has a proven history of effective Case Management, helping individuals remain safely at home with needed services
- The mission of Ability Resources is to assist individuals with disabilities in attaining and maintaining their personal independence.