Moving People Out of Nursing Homes
Imagine what it would be like if you ended up in a nursing home and didn’t have anyone that could help you with the incredibly daunting task of moving back into the community.
I’m sure you would agree that no one should be forced to live in a nursing home because of lack of:
- funds to replace identification such as a Social Security card, state ID, or birth certificate
- accessible, subsidized housing
- money for rent and security deposits
- resources for needed medical equipment
- assistance in moving and setting up a new apartment
Sue’s Story: Click here to read how we helped this 38 year old mother move out of the nursing home.
Nursing Home Statistics: Think nursing home living is just an issue of the elderly. Click here to look at these surprising statistics.
Hundreds of people under the age of 50 are living in nursing homes in Oklahoma unnecessarily, resulting in a tremendous cost to taxpayers.
What is Ability Resources’ impact on this?